Hello Abeer Alzheimers is such a complex disease with many theories and ideas as to why Alzheimers happens to people but you were able to create a brochure that listed key points and was able to keep the literacy level appropriate. The key categories you chose to place on your brochure keep the brochure interesting and informative without being overwhelming. The section that is at risk was informative for me. I did not realize Latinos, African Americans and women were twice as likely to be effected by Alzheimers. Great job! Tracy
Abeer, Your brochure was informative. It was a good idea to include the sections of Quick Facts and 10 Signs. These sections offer important information in short bullet points that are easy to read.
In reading the brochure, I would suggest that you consider rewording the statement under Quick Facts that says “Alzheimer’s disease cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed” This statement would seem to be at odds with the statement in TREATMENT that reads”…there are only medications to slow the progression down.”
I thought the brochure was well designed. The white space allows the reader to quickly read the information. There is an appropriate balance of pictures and text. The joke lightened things up. Thanks, Kay
Hi Abeer, As one who treats patients with Alzheimer's disease, I really liked the picture of the brain in the hour glass that you used on the front. That picture really depicts the process of Alzheimer's disease very well. Your Steps for a Healthy Brain were well stated and gave some good information how people can work to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease. I really liked that you gave website information on the back that directed people to sites where they could find more information. Good job!
I knew a couple things about Alzheimer's, but after this brochure, I know more with some of the information provided. I enjoyed the quick facts that were short and to the point. I also found the signs of Alzheimer's to be useful, especially for people that may be wondering if a loved one may have the disease. Showing ways for the healthy brain was also very well done. I like how everything is divided and to the point. Very readable.
Hello Abeer
ReplyDeleteAlzheimers is such a complex disease with many theories and ideas as to why Alzheimers happens to people but you were able to create a brochure that listed key points and was able to keep the literacy level appropriate. The key categories you chose to place on your brochure keep the brochure interesting and informative without being overwhelming. The section that is at risk was informative for me. I did not realize Latinos, African Americans and women were twice as likely to be effected by Alzheimers. Great job!
Tracy
Abeer,
ReplyDeleteYour brochure was informative. It was a good idea to include the sections of Quick Facts and 10 Signs. These sections offer important information in short bullet points that are easy to read.
In reading the brochure, I would suggest that you consider rewording the statement under Quick Facts that says “Alzheimer’s disease cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed” This statement would seem to be at odds with the statement in TREATMENT that reads”…there are only medications to slow the progression down.”
I thought the brochure was well designed. The white space allows the reader to quickly read the information. There is an appropriate balance of pictures and text. The joke lightened things up.
Thanks,
Kay
Hi Abeer,
ReplyDeleteAs one who treats patients with Alzheimer's disease, I really liked the picture of the brain in the hour glass that you used on the front. That picture really depicts the process of Alzheimer's disease very well. Your Steps for a Healthy Brain were well stated and gave some good information how people can work to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease. I really liked that you gave website information on the back that directed people to sites where they could find more information. Good job!
Abeer,
ReplyDeleteI knew a couple things about Alzheimer's, but after this brochure, I know more with some of the information provided. I enjoyed the quick facts that were short and to the point. I also found the signs of Alzheimer's to be useful, especially for people that may be wondering if a loved one may have the disease. Showing ways for the healthy brain was also very well done. I like how everything is divided and to the point. Very readable.
BJ